What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to solidify at room temperature?

S

spicefamily

I want to create a dessert that becomes solid at room temperature. It doesn't have to be rock hard..can be creamy, but mostly solid.

I want to use coconut oil, sweetener, and coffee (brewed strong) as my main ingredients.

So far, the end result is not solid at room temperature.

any suggestions on how to make the recipe turn out solid at room temperature?
thanks

Have you thought of trying Tapioca?
Another idea would to whip up some egg whites and to then fold your strong sweetened espresso and coconut flavors into it along the lines of a chocolate mousse.

Last edited:
is it unhydrogenated or refined? 100% pure?

coconut oil is a solid as long as it is stored below 76* F. (24 C) (virgin or unrefined or extra virgin coconut oil at 78* F. or 26* C.) - some manuafacturers will say 72* F. - depends on the brand

unhydrogentated - not treated to make it solidify at room temperature (coconut oil is naturally solid at room temperature)

it also depends on how the oil was extracted

notes - unrefined coconut oil will smell and taste like coconut; refined coconut oil is steam deodorized

results depend on the way the coconut oil was processed, etc.

depending on the recipe you may need to use a thickener

(it's hard to be very specific without knowing the recipe or what you are making - so we're trying to help the best we can)

Back