What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Years When Serving Prime Rib in Fancy Restaurants...

chubbyalaskagriz

...I made a savory bread pudding from stale caraway rye bread, tons of caramelized onions, a splash of egg/milk custard and a sprinkle of nutmeg. We cut a tiny diamond of this and placed it on the fatty "tail" of a king-sized portion of the beef and I thought it added yummy and dramatic appeal.

But tonight while cruising "Tastspotting" I saw a neat idea I liked even better!

White Onion and Pecorino Tarts recipe and food photography by Madalene Bonvini-Hamel Food Fanatic and chef From the British Larder - The British Larder

These tiny little savory tartlets made in a mini muffin tin, and are both inventive and adorable!

Sorry Kev, I think your savory bread pudding sounds better than an onion custard pie. Specially with a nice piece of beef. the next time I make a roast, I am going to carmelize some onion and add it to my yorkshire pudding just to see where it takes it on the flavor scale. I have been inspired.

Sorry Kev, I think your savory bread pudding sounds better than an onion custard pie. Specially with a nice piece of beef. the next time I make a roast, I am going to carmelize some onion and add it to my yorkshire pudding just to see where it takes it on the flavor scale. I have been inspired.

Nice, IC... Enjoy! :)

Back