What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple pie with mother-in-low's foam

Kika88

The last time I got this recipe for delicious apple pie from my mother-in-low.

I thank her very.

* Dough:
- 3 cups flour
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 / 3 cup sugar
- 250 g margarine, about 8.8 oz, 0.55 lb
- 2 teaspoons baking powder

* Stuffing with apples:
- 1.5 kg apples, about 17.63 oz, 3.3 lb
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons semolina

* Foam:
- 4 white (egg)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
– 3 tablespoons cherry jelly

* Performance:
Mix flour with baking powder. Add margarine and chop it with a knife. Add egg yolks, sugar, and to form a dough. Spread baking tin with margarine. Pin out ¾ of the dough and put on this baking tin. A quarter of dough put into the refrigerator. Peel apples and wipe off the thick mesh of spawning. Then squeeze juice formed. Add sugar and semolina to the apples. Mix everything together and impose on the dough. Then beat up the egg whites. At the end add the sugar and jelly and all imposed on apples. Remove quarter of the dough from the refrigerator and wipe it on thick mesh of spawning in order to obtain foam. Bake at 338 F for about 50 minutes.
338 Fahrenheit = 170 Celsius

Hi Kika88! Welcome to Spice Place- we're glad you're here!

It's going to be interesting to compare the cultures and foods of Poland and America!

For instance, as mama already points out, "spawning" in the reference you offer isn't something that's familiar to us- so we look forward to further sharing with you! :)

Back