What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Herb Rice Pilaf

Mama Mangia

Super Moderator
1 cup uncooked white or brown rice (do not use Minute rice)
2 cups water
3 tablespoons Herb Seasoning
1 tablespoon butter

Combine rice, water, seasoning and butter in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer. Follow cooking times on rice package.

I use a simular recipe but with olive oil. I will have to try the butter next time. I brown the rice in the oil then add 1/2 cup of chopped onions. When the onions are tender I add Herb-Ox chicken broth and two tsp No-Salt seasoning.

For an additional plus - add some mixed veggies - or make a meal and add leftover beef, chicken or pork. I usually use broth in place of water - better taste.

I will use chicken broth and put chopped chicken in it or beef broth and add some browned ground beef in there. I will usually add some basil and oregano with the ground beef. Then you have almost a one dish meal. Leftovers just scoop it out on a microwave safe plate and nuke it.

and you can also use this mixture as a filling for peppers, tomatoes, taters, taco shells, tortillas, puff pastry shells, etc.

Sounds good. I like the fact that its quick and easy, a great idea for a dinner during the week. I'll add chicken and veggies...

Back