What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baby Bok Choy Stir Fry

Mama Mangia

Super Moderator
Baby Bok Choy Stir Fry

1 lb baby bok choy
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
2 Tbsp. turmeric, shredded
2 Tbsp. sesame oil
2 Tbsp. peanut oil
1/8 C. soy sauce
1 tsp. cornstarch
2 Tbsp. sesame seeds

Stir together soy sauce and cornstarch until cornstarch has dissolved. Heat a wok (or large fry pan) over medium-high heat. Pour in peanut oil and then swirl oil, tilting wok to coat bottom. Add garlic and ginger and sauté for 2 minutes. Add in turmeric and sauté for 2 minutes. Add half of baby bok choy and stir-fry until leaves are wilted, about 2 minutes, then add remaining baby bok choy and stir-fry until all leaves are bright green and limp, 3 to 4 minutes total. Stir in soy sauce mixture, then sauté for 1 minute. Cover with lid and cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables are crisp-tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in sesame oil, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.

I love my baby bok choy and try to get it every week at my local farmers market. I love stir frying it but never thought of adding turmeric which I definitely will have to try. I think I may need a stronger magnifying glass however trying to to shred my groundTurmeric. :D;)

I've never had Bok Choy. It's that thing that looks like a green onion on steroids isn't it?

It's a form of CABBAGE, not an onion, and very mild and flavorful, especially the baby bok choy. I love taking some low-sodium broth, heating it up and tossing in some chopped baby bok choy. Nothing else really needed.

It's a form of CABBAGE, not an onion, and very mild and flavorful, especially the baby bok choy. I love taking some low-sodium broth, heating it up and tossing in some chopped baby bok choy. Nothing else really needed.

I will have to try that. Is that chicken or beef broth? I never thought it was an onion just kinda looked like a really big one.

Back