What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats the Best thing you had for Easter?

GREAT question Chef LG!

I worked a double-shift today so I did not get to celebrate w/ family. BUT I was so fortunate. My sister and her family went to her inlaws who are farmers. Her Mother-in-law is a fantastic country cook and she prepared a huge spread including all the traditional regional staples of Illinois farm-country... from ham and lamb to all the sides, breads/pastries and desserts.

The best part? My sister brought huge over-flowing plates of food put together for us by her MIL for myself and my-coworker. Plates laden with slice smoked ham, juicy lamb w/ mint jelly, mashed potatoes & pan-gravy, maple-glazed sweet potatoes, mac & cheese, string beans w/ smoked turkey legs, corn pudding, buttered yeast rolls- and for dessert? Fruit Salad, Lemon Meringue Pie, and Applesauce Cake.

I'm all fat 'n happy now and I didn't have to cook a thing- or wash a single plate or pot & pan! :)

sounds good chubbyalaskagriz XDD so does the fresh fruit salad...its been a while since i had one of those haha...i think the best thing i had...was a viniger salad thingy..i dunno what to call it i just know my mom makes it and its good...it has tomatoes lots...onions, bell pepper and then red wine viniger, salt, pepper and olive oil i think....some sorta oil...and then mix together...we never measure out this dish...just do it till it tasts good n vinnegery haha...hadnt had it in over probably half a year so it was awesome...ate a lot of it

Tissue, please. Our man Chubbs is making me drool

I am fat and happy just thinking about it! ;)

Semi Home-Made Easter

I suppose I have viewed too much Sandra Lee on Food Network. As a rule, I make my candies for Easter giving. This year, with little time, I purchased and decorated. I want to share a few shots... thought you might enjoy... made huge chocolate chip cookies for the base as you would find at the Chocolate Chip Cookie Factory and my grandsons loved them

CLICK ON FIRST PHOTO TO ENLARGE, THEN USE ARROW AT TOP TO NAVIGATE THROUGH ALL
SendPix

Back