What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cobb Salad

HeadChef

Try adding Roquefort cheese or any cheese of your choice to the toppings of this popular salad. Use twice the amount of prepared mustard if you don’t have dry mustard readily available in your pantry.

Serves 4
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes

For the dressing
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon coarse salt
black pepper
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 to 1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

For the salad
1 head lettuce, chopped
1 bunch arugula, chopped
2 heads romaine hearts, chopped
1 cup shredded carrots
4 strips bacon, diced, cooked until crisp and drained
1 chicken breast, grilled or poached and cut into small cubes or shredded
1/3 cup olives, sliced
2 medium tomatoes peeled and diced
3 eggs, hardboiled, peeled and chopped
2 tablespoons chopped chives

1 Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing in a non-reactive bowl.
2 Mix the chopped greens together and place at the bottom of a large serving dish. Arrange carrots, bacon, chicken breast, olives, tomatoes, eggs, and chives in columns.
3 Serve with dressing on the side.

Thanks for the recipe the dressing sounds really good. I have been making home-made salads lately. I will try this one. Cookie :)

Chef Gulzar

Hi,,,

I like it with crumbled blue cheese and blue cheese dressing. Maybe not the authentic recipe, but awesome!! I like ordering Cobb salad in a restaurant. It's interesting to see the variations different restaurants have on the salad.

Thanks for the recipe this Great dressing sounds really good. this is Very different and i hope i make it right.

Cobb Salad, Thanks again for cobb salad recipe.

Hi everyone, I have to make a cobb salad this week, now that weather is getting warmer salads are a good thing! Cookie :)

Back