What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Italian Sausage Stuffed Portabello Mushrooms

gemjo_99

6 Large Portabello Mushroom Caps, Cleaned, stems & black underneath removed
4-5 hot Italian Sausage Links, skin removed
1/2 Medium oniuon, finely chopped
10-12 White Mushrooms, cleaned and finely chopped
8 deli slices Provolone Cheese

Cook sausage, breaking it up as it cooks, you don't want any large chunks. Toward the end of cooking add onions, then white mushrooms. Finish cooking until sausage is done. Drain, return to skillet. Add cheese, stir in as it melts. Heap Mixture into mushroom caps, bake on rack on cookie sheet at 400 F 20-30 minutes or until caps are tender.

It has become one of our favorites, I think the filling would be very good in Jalapeno Peppers too, just haven't tried it yet.

Cook sausage, breaking it up as it cooks, you don't want any large chunks. Toward the end of cooking add onions, then white mushrooms. Finish cooking until sausage is done. Drain, return to skillet. Add cheese, stir in as it melts. Heap Mixture into mushroom caps, bake on rack on cookie sheet at 400 F 20-30 minutes or until caps are tender.

This sounds absolutely fabulous!! I'm going to share this with everyone! Thanks for sharing!

It sounds good. I'm just wondering about the ingredients. Is there really no spices added on it? I just don't see any spices on the ingredients.

It sounds good. I'm just wondering about the ingredients. Is there really no spices added on it? I just don't see any spices on the ingredients.

it depends on the type of sausage used, how spicy it is, etc. some sausage doesn't need anything added - some does

I use a hot italian sausage and really don't add any spices at all. The sausage has enough seasoning to carry it.

I stuffed bell peppers with this mixture this weekend, served with rice as a side dish. Excellent. Haven't made it with Jalapenos yet, but, will get to it. A definite favorite at our house.

I use a hot italian sausage and really don't add any spices at all. The sausage has enough seasoning to carry it.

it depends on the type of sausage used, how spicy it is, etc. some sausage doesn't need anything added - some does

Thanks for the reply. I'll try this out for the coming weekend and if it will be successful. I might be making another one but, maybe other kind of sausage.

I've used this same recipe to stuff bell peppers, cutting the bell peppers in half length wise. It works out to about a link to each pepper 1/2. I've also used bulk italian sausage, for 7 large portabello caps I use 2 lbs. Still only cook the peppers about 20-25 minutes as I don't like the peppers to be soggy.

Back