What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ruby Tuesday's Buffalo Chicken Wontons

Mama Mangia

Super Moderator
Ruby Tuesday's Buffalo Chicken Wontons

12 wonton wrappers, cut into quarters
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, to brush on wontons
6 cups water, to boil chicken
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
6 tablespoons Louisiana hot sauce
2 teaspoons liquid margarine
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
salt
blue cheese dressing
celery (to garnish)

Preheat the oven to 325F. Place the wonton wrappers on a work surface and brush lightly with the oil. Mold the wontons, oiled-side up, into the bottoms of miniature (1-inch) muffin tins.

Bake until light brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool slightly and remove from the muffin tins. Cool on a wire rack. Place on a baking sheet and cover tightly with plastic wrap until ready to assemble.

Cook the chicken at a simmer until cooked through, about 12 minutes. Cool the chicken slightly, then finely chop and shred with a fork. Season with a little salt.

In a medium bowl mix together the Hot Sauce, liquid margarine, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Add the chicken and mix well. Refrigerate until slightly chilled.

To assemble: Place 1 heaping teaspoon of the chicken mixture in each wonton cup and garnish with bleu cheese dressing and crunchy celery sticks for dipping. Serve at room temperature.

I think this would be an excellent recipe to use canned chicken, which is already cooked, whether home-canned or commercial.

I used leftover chicken that was frozen and thawed - it was a time-saver for me - plus I got to use up leftovers.

I stick to butter - but the sad thing - restaurants use that liquid chemical crap and call it liquid margarine - butter is better. Butter comes from cream - straight from the cow - and I trust the cows more than I trust food processing facilities. Yes, I have read it all and all the pros and cons of the butter vs margarine posts - but today's margarine is not like the margarine from years ago either - so I'll stick to butter.

This sounds interesting. Anyway, butter and other types of food processing facilities does not matter most when you'll first to try new recipe. When I have done it right, that is the time I'll look for which I can make an alternative to make it better, safer and healthier dishes. Just my point. :)

Back