What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Banana Pudding

it's a matter of personal taste and everyone ha their own version -

1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, (NOT evaporated milk)
1 -1/2 cups cold water
1 (4-serving-size) package instant French vanilla pudding
2 cups, (1 pint) heavy whipping cream
40 vanilla wafers cookies
3 to 4 medium bananas, sliced and dipped in lemon juice from concentrate
4 vanilla wafers, crushed to crumbs for garnish

Combine sweetened condensed milk and water in a large mixing bowl. Add pudding mix and beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
Refrigerate pudding mixture for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, whip heavy cream to stiff peaks. Fold whipped cream into chilled pudding mixture until combined.
Select a large (3-quart) decorative glass bowl. Spread 1/2 cup of pudding around the bottom of the bowl and top with one-third of the vanilla wafers, followed by one-third of the bananas and one-third of the remaining pudding. Continue layers, finishing with pudding on top. Sprinkle with crushed vanilla wafer crumbs. Chill at least 4 hours before serving.
Refrigerate leftovers.

Alton Brown just did an episode on banana pudding.

I can't post links yet but it should be easy to find online.

Enjoy!

Mike

I usually do it with lesser sugar. Like what MAMA said, it's a matter of personal taste. :)

Ingredients:

3/4 large pkg instant vanilla pudding, (6 ounces)
2 1/2 cups cold milk
3/4 can sweetened condensed milk, (14 ounces)
1 container whipped topping, (16 ounces)
sliced bananas
vanilla wafer cookies.

Preparation:

Mix pudding and milk; add condensed milk. Blend well; fold in half the whipped topping.
Alternate layers of pudding, bananas and vanilla wafers; top with remaining whipped topping and a few banana slices.

FN - grrrrr - they haven't got the #$%^% to give me a reply to my complaint about Anne Burrell - just a computer generated ya-ya............

Back