What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sweet vegetabel recipe?

We may have a LONG wait - this "member" apparently gets their kicks out of what they are doing - beginning to look like a psycho poster to me - check out all the posts this joker has made - just getting the button ready - I'd love to see better input from this one -

Maybe your right, how about a pet then maybe they would not feel alone or lonesome. Then again maybe they just need a friend. CF:)

we are a friendly bunch - comments are welcomed! but some comments make you wonder - don't be shy - join in our conversations - just make some sense

If you reheat steamed or sauteed veggies a lot of times they will get very soggy and they also loose all their nutrients. I buy a medley of veggies, cut them the size I want, wash them and place portions into microwavable bags. You can keep the bags in the crisper of your fridge for longer then a week. When I come home at night, I just heat them for 2 or 3 minutes in the Micro (in that bag) take them out, add seasoning and sometimes a little butter.

Hi.....

sweet vegetable recipe!

Ingredients
12 oz fresh carrot, broccoli, and cauliflower medley (4 cups)
2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup apricot preserves
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon chile pepper blend paste

Steps

1. Cut vegetables into same-size pieces; add water and cover. Microwave on HIGH 2–3 minutes or until broccoli begins to soften.
2. Place remaining ingredients in large sauté pan. Cook and stir on medium-high 2–3 minutes or until mixture melts.
3. Stir vegetables into apricot mixture. Cook and stir 2–3 minutes or until tender. Serve.

How do you know if a bag is microwavable? Is there one available commercially (as at the grocery store?)

There are some in grocery stores called "Steamers" that are made to microwave in. You can defrost in a sandwich bag but don't try to actually cook in one.

Thanks. I did know better than to try to nuke in a sandwich bag or even a freezer bag but didn't know about the 'steamers'. Someone's making money on a good idea. Wish I'd thought of that. :p

Back