What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who has a good Pasta Salad recipe?

jpshaw

Ok, I saw a picture that flung a craving on me. Had some red in there which was probably bell pepper or could have been tomato. Just a light pasta salad that I can make sodium friendly so no cheese please. Maybe just olive oil, lemon juice, some bell pepper, green onion with a splash of red wine vinegar might do it.

You're welcomed - can you use cooked chicken or turkey breast meat?

I sure can. It's just the processed meats that are so high in sodium. It just seems like everyone who makes sausage dumps a box of salt into it at the end of the process. Same for dairy products. There are some unsalted butters out there but they just gotta salt that cheese. Same with milk. It has too much salt in it. I use the "Original Coffee Mate" when a recipe calls for milk.

After "tweeking" it just a bit each time I came up with almost the same as my normal salad but with pasta instead of lettuce.

2 cups pasta (I like Rotini for salads)
2 Tbs red wine vinegar
2 Tbs Evoo
1/4 cup lemon juice (I know it's a lot)
1/2 cup red onion (white or sweet will do)
1/2 cup red bell pepper (If cheap enough)
1/2 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
1/4 cup celery, sliced
1/2 tsp celery seed
Dash of black pepper
Big dash of Italian seasoning
Dash of salt, No-Salt or No Salt seasoning

Cook the pasta per directions. Chop all veggies the way you like and add everything, stir and chill overnight.

Last edited:
This is very good, just leave the tomatoes out. You can play with it add some mushrooms, black olives, etc.

Chilled Spaghetti Salad
1 pound thin spaghetti, broken into 3-inch pieces
2 cucumbers
1 green bell pepper
2 medium tomatoes
2 medium onions
1 small bottle Italian dressing
1/2 (2 ounce) bottle McCormick's Salad Supreme Seasoning

Cook and drain spaghetti; set aside. Peel cucumbers; remove seeds and cut into small pieces. Cut green pepper, tomatoes and onions into small pieces. Mix all ingredients with the spaghetti including seasoning. Pour Italian dressing over all. Let marinate overnight.

Back