What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What commonly liked foods do you not eat?

M

Mrs. Chipotle

Another thread made me think of this.

I don't like peanut butter. I never have, even as a kid. People think I'm weird and downright un-American, but there you have it.

I also don't like hot chocolate. I'll drink a small amount if it's really cold out, but as a rule I don't care for it. Since I don't like coffee either (ever), that limits me severely. Good thing I live in a warm climate. :D (I do like tea).

I just remembered that I don't like milkshakes either. Which is not a problem; that's just calories I don't worry about consuming (I save that worry for french fries!).

At holiday time I also do not like eggnog (Well, I don't like eggnog anytime, but you don't really see it at other times of the year).

Peanut butter & jelly sandwiches
banana pudding
watermelon
Turnip Greens, very common in the South but I can't stand them

My family always called me un-american because I didn't eat banana pudding.

I can't stand coffee! I love the aroma of a fresh pot of coffee but it will never make it to my lips!!!

Not an eggnog fan either and not too big on a lot of seafood - I'm limited there. I am not an "adventurous" (for lack of another word) person regarding new things.....or should I say exotic things. I would never even want to try rattlesnake, alligator, kangaroo tails, bear meat, etc. Cripe - I won't even eat Bambi (deer) or Thumper (rabbit) or Lambchop (lamb). I figure that there's enough other things to eat - I don't have to eat that!

Can't eat Chinese food from a Chinese restaurant without getting hives and suffering for 2 weeks - got to make it homemade.

LOL, I have eaten alligator a few times, but it was fried as an appetizer.

You can eat most anything if it's breaded and fried! Makes me think of that childhood book, "How to Eat Fried Worms." Ha! :D

I don't really like Chinese food at all. I think it's because when I was a kid, my parents dragged us to eat Chinese food ALL the time and I got sick of it.

Wasabi.....ugh. The most foul thing ever to have been put in my mouth. I hate horseradish and was not aware that wasabi was made from it. Wasabi (full strength) is so bitter, and hot, I dont see how anyone can eat it....soooooo gross.

From what I hear, wasabi is to be eaten in VERY small amounts. I've actually never tasted it. Since I don't like sushi, I never figured I was missing much.

Believe it or not I don't like steak. Give me surf over turf any day. :) I dislike ham, and packaged sandwich meats which to me have always looked slimy. Don't like radishes, turnips or brussel sprouts. Nor cabbage.

Then again, these aren't really commonly liked foods, other than the steak and ham. :)

Who likes bittermelon? I don't! No no no wayyyy!!! That's my no. 1 hatest.
I've tasted wasabe oh oh I almost lost my appetite. I dont like kimchi too. I'd like to try snake meat tho, hehe, Im weird. I've tried fried quail once and it tasted like chicken, which is good.

My husband will not eat popcorn. He hates the way it gets stuck in his teeth.

Back