What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alfredo Sauce

HeadChef

My own recipe of Alfredo sauce.

1 liter of milk (UHT)
1 tablespoon of salt
1/2 tablespoon of White pepper
3 tablespoon of Dried Basil
2 table spoon of Oregano
4 Cubes of chicken stock
100 grams of Butter
300 grams of flour

Procedure.

In a sauce pan, put milk and butter and let it to boil, then add 4 cubes of chicken stock. Wait to boil and add spices (salt, white pepper, basil, and oregano). Simmer for 5 - 10 minutes.
Then, add flour little by litter until it become sticky.

You can also add some mushrooms and onions if you prefer. :)

Enjoy!

I may give this recipe a try, I really don't care for the red sauce (sorry Mama).
Thats not entirely true, some red sauce is good. As long as it got meat and good tomatoes in it. CF:)

some don't care for the red sauce - and believe me - I've had some sauces that others made that I would rather die than eat again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you enjoy it CF. Btw, I forgot to add the cheese in it. :(

* 200 grams of mozarella cheese
* 50 grams of parmesan cheese

:)

I may give this recipe a try, I really don't care for the red sauce (sorry Mama).
Thats not entirely true, some red sauce is good. As long as it got meat and good tomatoes in it. CF:)

some don't care for the red sauce - and believe me - I've had some sauces that others made that I would rather die than eat again -

Mama said: I've had some sauces that others made that I would rather die than eat again -
Now I can relate to that, and not just sauce. CF:)

I also love red sauces, in fact. I have a red sauce consist of all veges pasta, and the result is great! And also, I do have a soup consist of tomato also. Do you have any recipe for tomato based soup MamaM? Hope we could share our recipe. :)

do you add whole or crushed tomatoes to your soups when you make them? have you ever added a can of tomato sauce?

I love homemade chicken soup with whole tomatoes that I break up with my hands (Italians have a habit of doing that) in it - or veggie soup - or beef soup - I just love tomatoes!

Yeah, I do add whole tomatoes but i don't break them up in my hand. I use blender to break them down into pieces. :)

We've used our hands for generations - most kitchens had a wooden spoon, a dinner fork, a dessert spoon and your hands - that was it - and we made great dishes - and that is how we baked too! Our measuring cups were a regular tea cup or mug. You cooked and baked by look and feel.

Back