What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baked Crustless Quiche

Mama Mangia

Super Moderator
8 Eggs
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1/2 Cup Milk
Desired amounts of Cheese, Ham, Bacon & Vegetables

Beat eggs well. Combine sour cream and milk; add to eggs. Add other
ingredients as desired. Pour into greased glass dish. Sprinkle with salt
and pepper to taste. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes until center is set.

MamaM, just a query with the quiche. As I know, Quiche has a based crust. What did you put on your base? Thanks!! :D

Thank you, Mama. Crustless is wonderful... a few less calories for me. Now if I can just get this to work with Egg Beaters. Oh, yum.

CRUSTLESS QUICHE

6 eggs
1 c. low fat milk (2% milk fat)
6 oz. Swiss or Gruyere cheese, shredded
8 slices crisp bacon, crumbled
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
Dash each salt & white pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 9" or 10" quiche dish or pie pan with non stick cooking spray; set aside.

In medium mixing bowl, using a fork beat together eggs and milk until blended; stir in remaining ingredients. Pour mixture into prepared dish (or pan) and bake in middle of center oven rack for 40 to 45 minutes (until a knife inserted in center comes out clean). Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Makes 4 servings.

Fast Easy Quiche

CRUSTLESS QUICHE

1 c. zucchini, sliced
1 c. mushrooms, sliced
4 eggs, beaten
1 c. evaporated skim milk
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
Dash of red pepper
Dash of paprika
6 to 8 oz. fresh crabmeat
1/2 c. low-fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
2 scallions with tops, chopped

MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: Combine zucchini and mushrooms in glass bowl. Microwave 2 1/2 to 3 minutes on HIGH or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Stir in egg, milk, salt, mustard, pepper, paprika and crabmeat. Microwave 3 1/2 to 4 minutes on HIGH or until heated through, stirring twice. Pour into 8 inch round microwave-safe pie plate. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave 3 to 3 1/2 minutes or until center is just about set. Sprinkle with cheese and scallions. Cover. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

CONVENTIONAL DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Saute zucchini and mushrooms in 1 tablespoon of butter until tender-crisp. In bowl, combine all ingredients. Bake 30 minutes or until set in center.

Mama, after reading your wonderful recipe posted here, I did a bit of research attempting to locate recipes using egg substitute. I found some wonderful recipes in doing so and wanted to share a couple of them here with yours.

For anyone with questions; hypothetically, I believe the eggs set the pie giving it a consistency the same as egg custard pie making it very sliceable. One could always use a quarter cup of self-rising flour (or Bisquick mix) as used in the crustless "impossible pies" from the 70's if concerned about a crust.

Back