What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help with a Recipe

A

Angelaine620

Hi Dear Friends,
I'm new and will introduce myself as soon as I have some time, but here I go. I have this recipe. Here it is.

Rum Balls with candied Cherries

Ingredients:

2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers ( 40 to 50)
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup finely chopped red candied cherries
1 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup rum
3 tablespoons corn syrup
2 tablespoons butter melted
1/4 cup powdered sugar
Preparation:

In medium bowl, combine crushed wafers , 1 cup powdered sugar, cherries, and pecans. Add rum, syrup and butter. Blend well. Shape into 1 inch balls. Roll in the 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Cover tightly; let sit 24 hours for flavors to blend. Makes 3 dozen.

My question is can I mix these ingredients by hand??? I don't have a dough mixer and I think a hand mixer would have everything in the blades. Also should I chop the cherries by hand or put them in a food processor? Thank you for any and all help.

Sincerely,
Angelaine

You can easily mix by hand. Many no-bake cookies are hand beaten. I would cut the cherries by hand - you can control the "mushiness" that way. I hope this helps.

Oh, thank you so much for your help. Some people that I know that consider themselves excellent bakers really gave me some horror stories that almost made me not want to make this. One example was to go out and buy a dough mixer. The one that was recommended was over a $1000. Thank you so much for your encouragement, explanation, and saving me money (which I wouldn't have purchased that anyway.). You're just a dear!!!

Elaine

You're very welcomed - and sometimes you just can't trust anyone. I come from the days when "Betty Crocker was stir crazy" - meaning - you beat all cake batters with 300 strokes and the most modern convenience we had was a rotary beater! don't let anyone scare ya - fabulous foods have been made for years without the use of gizmos!!!!

Back