What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cell

K

Kaabi

Did anybody read Cell, the new novel by Stephen King? I just finished it last night, and I wish it was a little longer, it just left you hanging :( It's great though, I suggest everybody reads it. Oh, by the way, it will become a movie in 2007! Can't wait.

I haven't read it. Stephen King novels scare me though.

I'm too cheap to buy it in hardback. I'm there when it comes out in paperback, though.

There's always the library, that's where I got the book from. And I finished it with 10 days to spare. So yeah, I suggest the library.

My Dad is a big fan of the library. We can read 20 books a week. He's retired, of course, so he has the time. Even when he was working, he'd go to the library every week and pick up a couple books.

Me, I don't have time to read, except when I go on vacation, and then I usually buy books because I don't want to damage the loaners from the library.

There are some libraries around now that don't have books. I know that the Hornblake Undergraduate Library at the Univ of MD, College Park, had a huge collection. When I was there for a seminar about 1 1/2 years ago, the rooms where the stacks were, were locked and had kraft paper on the windows. A person I worked with said it had gone electronic.

What? That's crazy, the definition of a library is a place to go to take out free books. Going electronic... I have nothing against electronics, but somethings should stay like they are.

Our library is pitiful. They don't get newly published stuff for years, I swear.

That's really weird, I mean, years? Most libraries have a section for newly released things, your library should have that. Maybe you're not looking hard enough, but then again it's usually out in the open. Let's just agree that your library is, yes, pitiful.

I have not read Stephen King's Cell yet. I am a fan of his books and have read most of his books. I don't get much time regularly to read books. I usually wait until I am vacation or traveling to do my reading.

I haven't read it. Stephen King novels scare me though.

me too.

Does anyone else have this de ja vous experience??? You know, i really like a lot of Stephen King's books, but I can't help but get the feeling that while I'm reading them that he's hoping that they will be turned into movies. Not a criticism----just an observation and don't all of us want extra income??

The only King book I enjoyed was "Misery". I prefer the movie versions of his "work". :)

I ceased to use the local library for two reasons -- people seem to have such a cavalier attitude toward caring for books that don't belong to them. Some looked as though breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner had been eaten on them. Also, I don't believe anyone where I live buys books. Ever. The wait list for recent releases can span years. Book buying is one of my weaknesses.

Did anybody read Cell, the new novel by Stephen King? I just finished it last night, and I wish it was a little longer, it just left you hanging :( It's great though, I suggest everybody reads it. Oh, by the way, it will become a movie in 2007! Can't wait.

Thanks my husband loves Stephen King so I am sure that we will have this book really soon he thinks that he has to own every Stephen King book.

The only Stephen King novel I have read was From a Buick 8 and I never liked it. But Im sure his other works are very good since he has many fans. I've watched some of the movies tho and liked them. I like some of James Herbert novels too especially The Fog and The Dark.

Last edited:
Back