What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baked Oatmeal

LynnA

Baked Oatmeal

3 C. oatmeal..quick cook or regular old fashioned. I use the old fashioned kind as it has more oat, less mush =)
1/4 C. melted butter
½ C. thick no-sugar applesauce—like the little tubs
2-3 Tbsp Wheat Germ - opt
2 eggs
2 C milk
½ C brown sugar unless you do not use pie filling on bottom, then increase to ¾ C.
2 tsp baking POWDER
2 tsp cinnamon (more or less to your liking)
OPT—can of pie filling Our fav is cherry but blueberry, peach are yummy too.

I use a large measure bowl that is micro safe and melt the butter.
Add all other ingredients except oats. Mix well. I use that wand type of blender.
Add oats and let stand for about 2 min to have them absorb up the liquid

Meanwhile in a 2 qt oven safe casserole or baking dish OR 5 2 C corelleware bowls
Put a spoonful of the pie filling. ((NOTE: A can of Wmart generic cherry does 10 2C bowls for me or 1 and ½ of the 2 qt size—you don’t need much))
I use a big soup ladle and ladle into the 5 bowls, or pour gently into the 2 Qt.

Bake at 350 degrees fpr 22-25 min for the 5 bowls
or about 30-35 for the 2 Qt size. You want it slightly crusty and golden on top but not dark brown! But really you can’t mess it up…a little less done or a little more done still tastes awesome!

The first time you have it it should be fresh…..=) Store the leftovers covered. Keeps for up to a week or more !

Last edited by a moderator:
Back