What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bison Burgers?

franbaker

I've tried them a few times and frankly they were pretty bad. Any advice? Someone told me to mix in a little beef burger.

Can't help, never tried it. Way to expensive for me. I do think you would have to add some fat. It (from what I read) is a very lean meat. So to me that says dry. Fat rules for flavor. CF:)

Some would say: "Whats the point". It cost more and seems most are trying to make it taste better by adding beef. I use venison quite a bit and ground it can be used on any recipe that calls for ground beef with the exception of burgers. Previously frozen meat has a hard time holding it's shape in a burger pattie so a lot of folks just go 50/50 with beef when doing burgers. I'm sure bison is much the same way. But as CF said it's more expensive so just buy the beef.

Back