What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

brown eggs or white eggs

P

peacherina

Which do you prefer. I like to get the brown ones because of the pretty brown color lol. Do you have a preference? thank you

Aah eggs. My favourite. I just love eggs. Brown eggs are not available here at my place so I have no option other than the white ones.

Last edited:
I always get white eggs. I never really thought about using brown ones.

too funny. I saw this thread and the very first thought in my head was an old jingle they had on commercials when I was a kid:

'brown eggs are local eggs and local eggs are fresh!"

I get brown eggs.

Oh so they have a stronger flavor and are more fresh. I always wondered what the difference was. I never could tell. That is interesting.

I buy only organic eggs and they are brown - but i wouldn't care if they were white as long as they weren't bleached.

The eggs all depend on the type of chicken that is laying them. I have seen chickens lay everything from white, off white, different shades of tan, brown and as dark as chocolate brown.

When I was growing up on a farm my dad always had freah brown eggs so that is what I was raised on so I would prefer the brown eggs over the white.

Did you ever watch the Martha Stewart show where she shows you the eggs her chickens lay, all different colors. She said she doesn't even have to color eggs for easter because her chickens lay them colored already. I like the brown eggs but I only buy them from the farmers market in the spring and summer. The grocery store sells them for a much higher price than the white.

Any color of egg would work for me. I think they would function similarly if you use them as ingredient. It all depends on the species of bird or chicken so it doesn't matter to me.

I love eggs. I have no preference at all, whatever's available. I can never tell the difference with the taste except the color hehe.

Not sure why brown eggs are more costly than the white ones in a places like Safeway. But if I compare prices of brown eggs in Safeway vs an Asian supermarket, they are cheaper in the Asian supermarket! I normally buy brown eggs.

I erally don't have a preference as to color. Growing up my mom had a chinese variety of chicken, and we had green and blue eggs, so I really don't care what color eggs I eat. :)

I really don't have a prefrence. I like all eggs. I grew up on a farm so I got used to eating all different ones (white, brown, green, speckled). So to me they're all basically the same.

I haven't seen green eggs! Maybe that's how Dr Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham came about!

I will use any color of egg, but I only buy organic, or free range eggs. I usually try to buy them from the little farm down the road. After hearing some of the tortures the chickens go through on some of the big commercial farms I refuse to buy eggs at the supermarket.

I've never seen green eggs or speckled ones either. I only see them during Easter egg hunt and they are painted of course.

I don't particularly care either. My family is on the WIC program, so we get eggs for free. I'm not sure if I am allowed to get brown eggs or not. I always just get the white ones.

I don't know that I have a preference. I usually buy white ones because, well, it's just habit. But I've used brown eggs from the neighbor's chickens or whatever and don't have a problem with them. An egg is an egg.

Back