What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ever burned yourself on the stove?

D

DevilsCharm

I haven't even when cooking, but one time when I was really young my hand touched the stove somehow and that hurt a lot. I'm pretty sure I wasn't curious, I think it was an accident, but I really can't remember that well :confused:

Oh, for sure. On the stove, in the oven, on pots and pans. I gt a nasty burn the other day from touching the roasting pan with an oven mitt I hadn't realized had developed a worn area.

Get the old aloe vera out and apply it right away!

Lol. My wife has a few scars from it. Reaching in the oven to get out a pan...her arm touched the top heating element....that had to hurt.

I burned my arm on the oven just the other day. Reached in to get something and somehow my arm touched the rack. Ow.

I haven't been burned form the stove but I did grab a cookie sheet out of the oven without a oven mit once with out thinking and that was extremely painful.

When I was five years old, I burned my hand on the stove on Halloween night. I had to go trick-or-treating with a bandaged hand and couldn't even hold my goody bag myself!

Lol. My wife has a few scars from it. Reaching in the oven to get out a pan...her arm touched the top heating element....that had to hurt.

This is usually good for several weeks Cook's or Worker's Compensation, during which time the burned and soon to be scarred cook retires from regular duties and is waited on hand and foot. Healing time can become protracted, you know. :) A simple application of Aloe doesn't always do the trick.

This is usually good for several weeks Cook's or Worker's Compensation, during which time the burned and soon to be scarred cook retires from regular duties and is waited on hand and foot. Healing time can become protracted, you know. :) A simple application of Aloe doesn't always do the trick.

Hehehe....:D Good one.

Hehehe....:D Good one.

It might be, if it actually worked, Texas Rose. Not in my household. I can threaten to go on strike but I'm actively ignored. I can be so sick as to have the proverbial "one foot in the grave" and I'm luck to get served so much as a cup of tea. What can you do? LOL

Ok I am kinda accident prone. LOL. I have burned myself on the stove a lot. The last time I touched the burner. Dont ask me how lol it happened so quick. I am trying to be more careful. We have an electric stove.

When I was young a nearby neighbor's house caught fire from a cigarette smoldering in an ashtray, and it was tragic. Ever since then, I've been the most careful person with fire, heat, and electricity. I have 3 sets of quality pot holders in my kitchen. I think, hmm, could this burn me? If the answer is maybe, then I use more caution than normal.

I've never burned myself, except when oil sizzles and the little spatters get on my skin.

The worst burn I have ever had was when I was in shop class. I was welding (making a branding iron). I had just heated up a piece (part of a letter H) that was the same size as 2 other pieces. I accidentally picked up the piece I had just heated up thinking it was one of the other 2 pieces that looked just like it. I heard a sizzle...I would estimate that the piece was around 800-900 degrees farenheit *seeing as how it was just red (about 1200 degrees)*.

One time I was canvassing and I saw a house on fire and the family standing outside and fire trucks were coming and I asked how it happened and they said it was something with the stove. And I've burned myself on the stove at least once.

funny topic.
I never got that.
But a boy deadly injured by the hot oil near my house. His right face is totally damaged. He did sucide later because of his face.

I'm sittin in peacherina's boat!! I do this almost on a daily basis. Not usually on the burners ... although once (using a gas stove) I made quite a mess with a boil over so I moved the pan to another flame, and grabbed the "thing" that the pan sits on not realizing that DUH obviously it's gonna be hot!!!!

Ahhhhhhhh-----the sickening smell of burnt flesh---- the memory-never goes away, does it???????? How do cannibals stand eating human flesh???????? ughhhhh. Yeah, I've been there, burnt that, and also have inflicted cuts from freshly sharpened knives. How a meal gets made around here without the EMS assisting is beyond me. Ha!!!!

I remember once I was baking a roast (before i went healthy) i was doing it seems like a million things at once and reached in the oven (thought I was invincible I guess) and grabed the pan with my bare hands Ouch

I've never actually burned my hand on the stove. I have burned myself of pots & pans getting them out of the oven or off the stove.

Back