What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from sunny CA

M

mantua

Hello everyone! I'm a 23 year old girl in CA that likes to cook and bake! I've been trying to be a little more healthy, but have a few quite a few favorites that I just can't let go of (whole milk, cheese of any kind, and chocolate) and a husband that doesn't like anything green. I'm here to learn new recipes and techniques and just enjoy some cooking related chatter!

Welcome to the forum!

There was a story on NPR this morning about a school district that hired a professional chef to improve the meals and the children didn't like green things in the food. Here's the story in case you're interested in listening to it which might help with the cooking at home : Austin Prepares Fine Food for School Kids

Oh, I hear you on the chocolate. As long as it's dark chocolate though, you can always say you're having it for medicinal purposes. ;)

Is it the taste of non-whole milk that you don't like? The consistency? I wonder if making smoothies with 2% milk or something would help make it a good transition away from whole milk for you? I used to be a whole milk fiend, myself, but now I am totally devoted to my 2% milk.

oh, and welcome!

Welcome mantua! My family is taking a trip to southern California this winter and i'm looking forward to trying different restaurants out there. What are some regional specialties?

I am in Southern California, South Orange County, I can give you some suggestions if youre going to be here. Let me know....

Back