What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easy Italian Chicken

Katiecooks

Ingredients:

1/2 of a medium head cabbage, cut into wedges (about 12 oz.)
1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
1 4 1/4 oz. jar (drained weight) sliced mushrooms, drained
2 tbls. quick-cooking tapioca
2 to 2 1/2 pounds meaty chicken pieces (breast halves, thighs, and drumsticks), skinned
2 C purchased meatless spaghetti sauce
Grated Parmesan cheese
Hot cooked pasta (optional)

Directions:

In a 3 1/2 to 6-quart slow cooker, combine cabbage wedges, onion and mushrooms. Sprinkle tapioca over vegetables. Place chicken pieces on vegetables. Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken.

Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 3 1/2 hours. Transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve with hot cooked pasta. Yummy! :D:D

I like the recipe, everybody likes chicken. And it is still reasonable priced. I buy the leg quarters for $.49 pound in 10 pound bag. CF

I've just gotta ask.......where in the world do you shop? Here in New England you can't find absolutely ANYTHING for $.49 per pound!! Not even cow pies!! :confused::confused:

Back