What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Sister's 7-Layer Salad

Katiecooks

Arrange one layer of each of these items in this order, in a glass dish:

1.Chopped lettuce, spinach or kale
2.Chopped onions
3.Chopped celery
4.Chopped green and Red (sweet) peppers
5.Chopped cucumbers
6.1 pkg. frozen peas (partially thawed)
7.Mayonnaise, mixed with 1/4 C sour cream, on top of peas. This creamy layer should be about 1/2: thick, at least.
8.Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bacon bits if desired.

Cover salad with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. This salad is attractive and delicious. Compliments any main entree. :)

Good morning, Rosalinda - I'm so glad that you're enjoying this forum as you are and thank you so very much for the lovely compliments. As half of a two-person catering team here I really enjoy cooking and have an entire room full of cookbooks and ring-binders filled with recipes I've collected over the years.
Sharing them with others is half the fun! Today we're off the the beach to work on some clam pits for the weekend's clam bakes - certainly is the season of busy, busy, busy! Katie :)

I am on a diet chart and my nutritionist advise me for a salad.It looks like good. I will definitely try it.

Back