What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who has a good Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe?

jpshaw

Silly question. I know Mama does. I'm looking for one with little or no cheese since it's gotta be low sodium. Rice, tomato sauce and browned ground beef sounds good to me but I like it a bit spicy.

John, I think you're on to something. YUM!

My Mom made excellent stuffed bell peppers. She used the same ground beef/rice filling she made for her stuffed cabbage rolls.

I think I would make a basic ground beef Spanish rice- or perhaps even a spicy jambalya-rice made w/ ground beef or pork sausage to use and just lessen or omit the cheese.

JP, another thought. You might try poblano Chiles in place of the bells. (more spice) We don't eat bells anymore, because they cause us very bad indigestion. Thats the green bells, colored one are OK. Kevin has some good ideas there. CF:)

Until I find a recipe otherwise I'll probably just alter my Rice Pilaf with beef recipe. It's just browned rice with beef broth,onion, bell pepper (which I won't need in it) with basil and oregeno but add some tomato sauce and whatever.

JP, another thought. You might try poblano Chiles in place of the bells. (more spice) We don't eat bells anymore, because they cause us very bad indigestion. Thats the green bells, colored one are OK. Kevin has some good ideas there. CF:)

I react badly at times w/ the green bells too CF- but occasionally I still partake- though I regret it. So the reds, yellows and oranges don't make it happen? Hmmm... this thought makes me smile! :)

Back