What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How hot is it?

T

TexasRose

It hit 105 today where I live. Ugh, I just can't deal. I wish we could get some relief!

What about you, how hot is it?

Today's predicted to be 106. Supposedly next week there is a "cold" front which will make it "only" 99 or so.

:rolleyes:

Good thing I'm off work today and can hide out in the house.

I had to go knocking door-to-door to help a local politician in 101 degree weather, with no water! I thought I was going to die, and I did.

I am in texas too and it is horrible right now. waiting on fall to get here.:eek:

I'm uo in UT and it was pretty nice here was only 88*F very very pleasent. Didn't even have to turn on the AC today.

Houston is boiling and simmering and the sauna is "delightful"----please join me!!!!! It was 102 on Friday afternoon and that's not factoring in the humidity. Air quality was rated "dangerous" and the city skyline was very cloudy at best. Ugh----no way are we retiring here. I leave for Kazahkstan on Sept. 2 and can't wait------hubby says that you have to wear a jacket at night and it's in the 70's-80's during the day. Can't wait!

It is still really hot here. I hate it. SOOO sick of the hot weather. I might cool down to 98 tomorrow. ARRRR!!!

It is still really hot here. I hate it. SOOO sick of the hot weather. I might cool down to 98 tomorrow. ARRRR!!!

Dear PoorGirl,

Are you new to TX? If so then you won't see any cool weather till at least November if you're lucky. If you're an old-timer then you know what it's like. Let's hope for a REAL coldfront.

It's been in the 80's here. Not too bad, I guess. Pretty hot for PA though.

It's been in the 80's here. Not too bad, I guess. Pretty hot for PA though.

OH, would I trade you!!!! Do y'all have central A/C? Most friends that I have in the Northeast don't so when the temps rise higher than normal like they have been they really feel the impact. Right now the temps in Houston are in the high 90's and the humidity is horrible---our air quality is also dangerous at this point. I literally live indoors and only go outside to ride in an air-conditioned car to go to a/c malls or a/c grocery stores. I can't wait to leave for Kazakhstan in early Sept. where the temps are in the 70's and you need a jacket at night!! LOL. I never thought that I would say this as their winter temps can get as low as in the minus 40's.

It is about 82 degrees here right now. It has been hotter here. I am in north carolina. That is still pretty hot. But that is super hot at 100+ degrees. I can not imagine.

Well we are at the 16th day straight, 100 degrees or above. No end in sight.

The past few days here were aweful and then all of a sudden it almost felt cold. My living room is in the basement so unless I venture upstairs, I'm cold most of the time.

Back