What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How To Bake A Cake At Summer Camp

Katiecooks

I have no idea where this originated but I found it in an old cookbook of mine and thought I'd share the hilarity!! Enjoy:

How To Bake A Cake At Summer Camp

Light oven. Get out bowls, spoons, measuring cups and ingredients. Grease the pans. Have all the kids in camp help crack nuts. Remove Bernie, Ron, Dick, Joe and Paul, along with 5 coffee cups, 7 fishing lures, 4 spark plugs and 1 tackle box from the table. Measure 2 cups of flour. Hear laughter and go down by the dock in time to see the guys untying Glenn and Don's boat from the dock before they put the dock out to Center Bar. Come back inside and find Ben covered in flour. Brush Ben off and measure 2 more cups of flour to relpace spilled flour. Add rest of dry ingredients to flour. Hear kids screaming outside and look out window and see them running after squirrels who have stolen the walnuts. Rescue kids from squirrels, come back inside and find Danny and David Tietz, along with Steve and Robbi playing a game of Monopoly at the kitchen table. Banish them and their game to the livingroom. Add the eggs to the bowl. Phone rings, yell out window for Tonya to come to the phone. Add shortening. Betty runs in, says she's got the catch of the day. Sue wants it weighed because they are having a contest against George and Helen. Kass wins the contest, his squirrel weights more than George's Northern. Add sugar. Stir all the ingredients together. Loot up just in time to see Kevin's wildly served volleyball come crashing through the kitchen window, landing in the middle of the cake bowl. Wash kitchen floor,table, walls and dishes. Sylvia comes in and suggests Kim, Debbie, Donna, Doris and herself go to pick up a cake at Gordy's Bakery.
Everyone also decides that as long as they're in the City, they might as well go to Water World. Grab purses, bathing suits, towels, load up car, turn off oven and take off!!

Back