What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Field Of Dreams Salad

Katiecooks

Ingredients:

3 large ears yellow corn
1 10-oz. pkg. frozen baby lima beans
3/4 C paired and cored cuccumber, cut into 1/8-inch cubes
1/2 C carrots, julienned 1-inch long
1/2 C diced celery
1/4 C diced sweet red pepper
1 C blanched, steamed, peeled , seeded and cored tomatoes cut into bite-sized chunks.
1 tbls. snipped, fresh chives
1/2 C bottled Honey-Mustard Dressing
Boston Lettuce Leaves

Directions:

Prepare and boil the corn on the cob; place the hot ears of corn on a clean towel to cool. When corn is cool enough to handle, cut kernels off the cobs. Measure 1 1/2 C corn, cover and refrigerate. Save remaining corn for another use. Cook the lima beans. Measure 1/2 cup drained beans; cover and refrigerate. Save remaining beans for other uses. When corn and lima beans are cold, , compose the salad.

In a mixing bowl, place the cooled corn and the lima beans, cuccumbers, carrots, celery and peppers; toss to combine. Add the tomatoes, chives and salad dressing, tossing lightly until evenly distributed. Spoon the salad onto lettuce leaves on individual salad plates to serve. Or into attractive bowl lined with lettuce leaves. Arrange 3 ears of miniature corn on top for decoration. This salad is attractive, heart healthy and delicious! :)

I like Field of dreams salad but what its exact name..
If you allow then I would like to enter this salad on my website holy-food.org
Thanks in advance

Back