What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Last Book Read?

W

Worker Bee

I'm currently reading "The Secret History" by Donna Tartt. It's extremely well-written, especially for a first novel (for which she received an unprecedented advance, apparently). If you enjoy psychological thrillers this one is worth a read. It's a real page turner.

Last book I read would be what to expect when expecting or an actually book I read was The Long Walk by Stephen King.. That was a VERY good book.

The last book I read was of Patricia Cornwell's Black Notice. It was one of the good books of Cornwell's and I guess one of the last of the good books she has written.

I am reading "Candle in the Darkness" by Lynn Austin. It's a really good fiction about the Civil War in Virginia.

Has anyone read "Post Secret" or visited the accompanying web site for the book? A bit of a different premise -- the person who compiled the book asked for people to send in (anonymously) their darkest, deepest secrets and present them creatively on a post card. These were sent to an address and the result was the book and site which "showcases" them.

Not sure why I succumbed to the lure of this hardcover book. The secrets run from the sublime to the ridiculous and some are actually chilling, some mundane. I certainly hope it was cathartic for those who contributed to this odd project.

Finished "The Secret History" last night. It was excellent. I started "The Man In My Basement" by Walter Mosley. It's about a strange little man who shows up one day wanting to rent out the basement in someone's home for reasons unspecified, other than to confine himself there for a block of time. The home owner, desperate for cash, allows him to do so and the rest of the book is about what transpires. Very good so far!

Last week I read Jodi Picoult's first novel "Plain Truth," about an Amish girl accused of murder.

I'm about to start Terri Blackstock's "Night Light." We're traveling later this week so I'm saving it for the plane.

Currently in the process of reading Yikes Bikes --- 10 minutes a night -- with my 6 year old son. Boy is it exciting. *rolls her eyes*

Back