What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from the sunny South

S

Sugarcreations

Just joined here so I hope to learn a few things. Love baking and sugar work, sugar work mostly...

Rgds Sugarcreations

Hi SugarCreations -- I love your name! Do you have pics of your creations that you could share with us? Welcome. I just joined recently myself. This seems like a really friendly and sharing grp. here. I've found some great recipes! :)

I have a few, lost most of them in a computer problem sometime back will post a few later.

Rgds Sugarcreations

I'd love to see them as well. Some of my favorite Food Networks shows are the ones where they work with sugar.

Well Old Bay it can encompass a lot. When you refer to sugar work you could mean gumpaste, fondant etc... In this case it is taking a mixture of sugar and water and boiling to a high temp usually around 310F, pouring it out onto a marble surface or silpat. You then turn the molten mass onto itself until it is safe to handle. You then pull the sugar to a silky sheen. I may get reprimanded for this but go to my website at

http://www.freewebs.com/ravensnest1

Too learn more. Or visit http://sugarwerks.smfforfree.com/index.php

Rgds Sugarcreations

Last edited:
I have seen those shows on the food network also. that is interesting. Thank you for the link. Welcome to the forum. I look forward to chatting with you in the future. I think your name is cool too!

Hi! I hope you enjoy our community, i've learned a lot since being here. I like to bake too - do you have any specialty recipes you could post?

Hello

Hello sugarcreations, I have a high respect for people who are patient enough to do sugar, it is one very hot substance. I too would like to try it someday, but I think that I might not have enough patients. I will enjoy others work until I dare to try.:)

Back