What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mama's Honey Wheat Bread for the Bread Machine

This bread is soft and light like homemade white bread but tastes better and is better for you.

Bread Machine Wheat Bread

Here's what you are going to need for 1 loaf:
I had carpal tunnel syndrome a few years back so now I make most of my bread using the aid of a bread machine. Here's one that I make pretty often.

1 cup of milk
1/4 cup of honey
1/4 cup of butter, melted
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1 3/4 cup of bread flour
2 1/4 teaspoons (1 package) Rapid Rise Yeast
1 Tablespoon Vital Wheat Gluten
1 teaspoon salt

In a saucepan, combine the milk, butter and honey. Heat to 110° F.

Place the ingredients in your bread machine according to the manufacturer's instructions. Put the machine on the dough cycle.

When it has finished, remove the dough from the machine and place on a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough into a rectangle as best you can. Roll into a tight roll. Turn the ends under to form a nice neat loaf.

Place the loaf in a greased 9" x 5" loaf pan. Cover and allow to rise in a warm place until the dough has doubled, about 1 hour.

Bake in a preheated 350° F. oven for about 30 minutes or until bread reaches an internal temperature of 200° F. Remove from pan and brush with melted butter. Cover and allow to cool on a wire rack.

Last edited by a moderator:
I baked the Honey wheat bread. Not the most beautiful loaf I have ever baked. But is one of the tastiest. I will be baking it again. Good recipe. CF:)

Honey Wheat bread
HoneyWheatBread.jpg

I was surprised that it was not a heavy bread, but was lite and soft. I may warm the milk in the microwave next time. I might not of got the roll tight enough, There was a hole in the loaf on one end. Caused by the gas not being able to get out. I let the bread rise in the microwave, where I had heated 2 cups of water. The hot water was left in the microwave. CF:)

Back