What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

whatchacallits

Mama Mangia

Super Moderator
A whatchacallit is whatever - whatever you make because you are hungry, it's too hot to even boil water for tea, and you are just miserable because of the heat! LOL

I am DYING for homemade bread, homemade cinnamon/raisin bread, and homemade oatmeal raisin bread. I tried making it in the middle of the night last month and I thought I was going to die - it's the humidity that is doing it as well. So I am praying for snow.

Yesterday I stopped at the store to pick up something and they had a table with loaves of cinnamon/raisin bread. Should I or shouldn't I? Well I did.

Breakfast was quick and simple - I made french toast with it. and sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon/sugar mixture instead of the confectioners' sugar or maple syrup.

Thank heaven they slice their bread sickly thin and it fried up in just a few minutes.

Mama, I can relate to the heat. As you may know we have had over 100° each day for over a month now. Today weather dude says 110°. No rain in site. I am staying inside, air running wide open. Electric bill looks like our national debt. Not much cooking going on. CF:)

I'm getting hungry for some cinnamon raisin bread - will try Frenching it
for something different. I have a son coming home to visit this weekend
and know he'd love it. Thanks for the tip.

Johnny W.

Back