What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Denver Omelet

Mama Mangia

Super Moderator
Denver Omelet Recipe

Preparation Time: 8 minutes. Servings: 2

1 1/2 teaspoon of butter and oil (vegetable or peanut) 3 – 4 beaten eggs, seasoned with salt and pepper 1/4 cup diced cooked ham (diced means cut into small pieces – about 1/4 inch) 2 tablespoons diced green or red pepper 2 tablespoons sliced red onion 1-2 ounces Cheddar cheese, grated

Heat a 7 – 8 inch or 10 inch skillet (depending on how thick you want your omelet to be) over moderate heat While the pan is heating, beat the eggs in a mixing bowl until well blended but not frothy When the pan is hot enough to sizzle a drop or water, add the butter and oil combination When butter stops foaming, add ham, peppers and onions, and sauté two minutes or until very hot Whip the eggs a couple of times and pour eggs into pan and let sit on heat until eggs begin to cook around the edges Lift edges of eggs with a rubber spatula and tip pan to allow liquid to run underneath Repeat until top is thickening and very little liquid egg remains Add cheese and cover until cheese is melted Fold omelet and divide before sliding onto plates

Holy Food | Religious Food | Spiritual Food | Christian Hospitality

I like to eat Omelet very much,thank you for explaining Denver Omelet Recipe .I will definitely try to make this omelet.

Cream Gravy, CF?

Was raised on chipped beef & cream gravy over white toast (or sometimes buttered noodles).

Also "egg gravy" over toast (or buttered noodles), which in my family was sliced still-warm hard-boiled eggs in the same gravy. YUM!

Gravy and biscuits, sometimes tomato gravy. Was always a favorite meal for us. I am sure cream gravy would make a pine stick taste good. The only eggs in gravy was the giblet gravy. But I like gravy and I like eggs. So yes I would like that.
I made onion gravy tonight, with meatloaf and whipped potatoes. CF

I love gravies and sauces - and I also enjoy CHOCOLATE gravy..................
heck what can I say -
luv gravies!!!

Hi, It's Cookie :) I was looking for something easy to make. I have been eating eggs & the Denver Omelet recipe looks really Good!

Mama, thanks for the recipe & hope your are doing ok. I'm cooking sticking with the basics. I made turkey sloppy-jos today with onion, green pepper, salt/pepper. I hope you are all doing ok. Cookie :)

I was in the US Navy and we called these Western Omelets. Always had good food in the Navy ... Really. The Navy Omelets were cooked on an electric griddle until the egg set, then topped with the pepper, ham and cheese, flipped and let sit until the cheese melted. Every sailor had to do 90 days of service in the galley, I was lucky enough to do that in boot camp, at training school, again at my next school and my assigned unit. Served on the USS Constellation for 3 years and believe it or not we had surf and turf (steak and lobster) every other Friday. If you worked nights you had it for breakfast and lunch plus breakfast for dinner. Worked on the Connie in the bakery for a few months helping the baker and slicing bread.

I can see that. Different Era.

It was right after the end of the draft. Wasn't paid much. Worked long hours. Saw a lot of water. Was at sea for a continual 118 days during the Iran hostage crisis.

Wasn't easy. Wasn't Fun. Pay was bad.

Food was good.

Matt

1 large egg(s)
2 large egg white(s)
1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
2 tsp olive oil
1 medium scallion(s), finely chopped
1 small tomato, seeded and diced
3 large olives, sliced
1 Tbsp canned green chili peppers, diced
2 Tbsp shredded cheddar cheese

Whisk together egg, egg white, salt and pepper in a small bowl until just blended; set aside.

In a large, nonstick omelet pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add egg and tilt pan so eggs cover entire pan bottom. Cook, without stirring, until bottom of eggs begins to set, about 30 seconds. Sprinkle scallion, tomatoes, olives, chili peppers and cheese evenly across eggs.

Tilt pan upward at a slight angle and jerk handle sharply toward you to slide eggs toward the far side of pan. Free any stuck egg with spatula. Cook, moving pan back and forth over heat, until eggs are cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes. Fold in half to serve.

OR

4 tb Olive oil
2 lg Onions; (1 1/2 pounds), -peeled and cut into thin slices
2 lb Potatoes; peeled and cut into thin slices
6 Eggs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper; to taste

Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan. Saute the onions over medium
heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until soft but not brown. Drain the onions in a
colander, reserving 2 tablespoons of the oil from the pan.

Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes and drain in the
colander. Beat the eggs in a large bowl and stir in the onions and
potatoes; add salt and pepper to taste.

Heat the reserved oil over high heat in a heavy nonstick pan or a
well-seasoned cast iron skillet. Add the egg mixture and cook for 2 minutes
or until the bottom is lightly browned. Place the pan in a preheated
400-degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the egg mixture is set.
Invert the tortilla onto a round platter. Cut into wedge-shaped slices and
serve with a salad.

Makes 4 servings.

1 large egg(s)
2 large egg white(s)
1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
2 tsp olive oil
1 medium scallion(s), finely chopped
1 small tomato, seeded and diced
3 large olives, sliced
1 Tbsp canned green chili peppers, diced
2 Tbsp shredded cheddar cheese

Whisk together egg, egg white, salt and pepper in a small bowl until just blended; set aside.

In a large, nonstick omelet pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add egg and tilt pan so eggs cover entire pan bottom. Cook, without stirring, until bottom of eggs begins to set, about 30 seconds. Sprinkle scallion, tomatoes, olives, chili peppers and cheese evenly across eggs.

Tilt pan upward at a slight angle and jerk handle sharply toward you to slide eggs toward the far side of pan. Free any stuck egg with spatula. Cook, moving pan back and forth over heat, until eggs are cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes. Fold in half to serve.

OR

4 tb Olive oil
2 lg Onions; (1 1/2 pounds), -peeled and cut into thin slices
2 lb Potatoes; peeled and cut into thin slices
6 Eggs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper; to taste

Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan. Saute the onions over medium
heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until soft but not brown. Drain the onions in a
colander, reserving 2 tablespoons of the oil from the pan.

Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes and drain in the
colander. Beat the eggs in a large bowl and stir in the onions and
potatoes; add salt and pepper to taste.

Heat the reserved oil over high heat in a heavy nonstick pan or a
well-seasoned cast iron skillet. Add the egg mixture and cook for 2 minutes
or until the bottom is lightly browned. Place the pan in a preheated
400-degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the egg mixture is set.
Invert the tortilla onto a round platter. Cut into wedge-shaped slices and
serve with a salad.

Makes 4 servings.

Thanks Mama, for the 2 great egg- Spanish omelet recipes! I hope you are feeling better missed you :) Cookie

Back