What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beer Bread / photo & Recipe

ChileFarmer

I have made Beer Bread before, but this is a new recipe. I like it, nice yeast flavor, really soft. You might like it to. CF
:)
Beer Bread

INGREDIENTS:

1/4 cup lukewarm water
6 ounces beer, room temp.
1 1/2 tablespoon oil
1/8 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 3/4 cups flour
1 package dry active yeast

BeerBread11-3-2011.jpg

I was going to make bread today - but I wasn't cooking today and I want it hot and fresh with a meal. Today I ate out with the kids and their mom - tomorrow and Thursday I am busy with plans so it most likely won't be till Friday.

I baked bread today. Just the plain Jane white bread. I do think it is the best tasting bread I have made to date. Maybe not the most beautiful. But the taste and texture was outstanding. I did add 1 Tablespoon of liquid lecithin. Also sprayed the oven with water several times, while baking. CF

Plain White Bread
PlainSoftwhiteBread.jpg

plain Jane bread is fine with me! hot cup of tea and fresh bread from the oven - and I'm very content!

can I share this with you -

BEER BISCUITS

3 cups Bisquick baking mix
2 Tablespoon sugar
1 cup raisins or dried fruit chopped (optional)
3/4 can of beer

Mix ingredients. Spoon into greased, preheated muffin pan. Bake at 350
degrees for approximately ten minutes or until golden brown.

Mama, Thanks for the recipe. I have everything for the recipe. Can't make it today, as we are having burgers tonight. And I just finished 2 sweet potato pies, there still hot. And thanks also for your help along the way with my baking. I have learned that I really enjoy baking. And have learned that I can do it. Bread baking used to scare me. I really like baking bread. 4 more days and my sourdough starter will be ready to use. I can hardily wait to try it. CF:)

I've been baking bread for over 50 years - and I love it. I am glad you are enjoying it - and it really is not scary at all.
When I was browsing through recipes - I saw that one and just had to pass it on. I hope you do try it.
Can't wait to hear how your sourdough turns out.

Back