What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stopping Spam

E

expatgirl

Another great site, y'all!

The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has a site that you can go to report and help stop companies and organizations from spamming you with unsolicited emails. You may also use it to submit a complaint concerning media violence. I learned of this site from a friend who was being consistently bombarded by one company and also received a few of those "Nigerian" scam letters. She reported them to this site and it stopped. The site is: spam@uce.gov

Oh, good site, thanks!

At first glance, though, I thought you were trying to stop SPAM, as in
images

:p

thank you for this site. This is well needed. I get a lot of spam! I will definitely be putting this to good use.

thank you for this site. This is well needed. I get a lot of spam! I will definitely be putting this to good use.

Yeah, I wished that I had known about this site before I finally had to change my email address----it got to the point where I was averaging 10-20 spam emails a day---and it was so frustrating---people whose livelihoods depend on email are definitely at a disadvantage. Anyway, glad this site might be of help.

Back