What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oven-Baked Sesame Chicken Wings

W

Worker Bee

We have one family member who will eat nothing but wings -- no other part of the chicken will do.

1 cup dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup sesame seeds
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp each salt and black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
3 lb chicken wings
1/2 cup butter, melted

In shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, sesame seeds,
oregano, salt, pepper and cayenne. Dip wings into butter; roll in bread crumb mixture to coat completely. Arrange, meaty side down, in single layer on well-greased, foil-lined baking sheet. Bake in 375 degree F oven for 20 minutes. Turn; bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and no longer pink inside. Makes for servings.

For a lighter version, you can substitute 1/2 cup buttermilk for
butter.

Wow, I am definitely trying this one. I love anything with sesame flavor. And oven fried things are high on my list as well.

Looks like they are fairly spicy as well - that's a good amount of cayenne pepper.

Wow, I am definitely trying this one. I love anything with sesame flavor. And oven fried things are high on my list as well.

Looks like they are fairly spicy as well - that's a good amount of cayenne pepper.

I'm fairly heavy-handed with the pepper, TR, so spicy they are. :) I preper oven frying too, and love sesame flavour. Do you enjoy sesame oil, too? I will see what else I have with sesame and post it for you. :)

Back