What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dessert Ideas For Kid's Parties?

W

Worker Bee

Does anyone have some unique ideas for desserts for kid's Bday parties? I've done the shaped cakes and the dirt cakes, etc. I'm interested in something a bit unusual. Have a kiddie party coming up and was thinking I might make it a combined Halloween party. Never too early to plan.

What was your most unusual Bday party as a child? When I was 13 I read about "Dessert Parties" in a magazine. It seemed very sophistocated to me and at that age (and this age, too, truth me told!) desserts are the best part of the meal. Anyway, I chose that theme for my party. My mother and older sister were to prepare a variety of desserts and my friends loved the idea. My mother repeatedly asked "Just dessert? Won't they be hungry?" to which I replied "No, it's after dinner, they will have eaten, it is dessert!". I thought we were in agreement. My guests arrived, the desserts were set out on a table and along came my Mom bearing plates of sandwiches. :( My theme was no longer. I can laugh about it today but I was rather irked at the time.

Back