Aug 4  # 1 of 1
Crockpot Roast Beef

I like to get the roast in the meat department at Albertsons..it is more fresh than buying it where they sell the meat in packages etc.

1 beef roast, any kind-I like boneless
1 garlic clove, minced
Minced up onions
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Dressing
1 pkg. Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix
1 pkg. brown gravy mix with mushrooms
Sliced fresh mushrooms
Baby carrots
1/2 cup water

Put sliced mushrooms, baby carrots, some minced up garlic and onions in the bottom of the crockpot. Put roast in the crockpot. In a bowl, mix the dry mixes together in a bowl. Sprinke the roast with pepper, put some onions and garlic that has been minced on top of the roast and sprinkle the dry ingredients that you mixed in a bowl over the roast. Pour 1/2 cup water around the roast and cook on low all day..I cook it on low for 12 hours. I make the potatoes seperately-they turn brown if you cook them with the roast. I mash the potatoes using whipping cream -which is by the milk at the grocery store-and butter. Using the whipping cream instead of milk, makes the potatoes taste alot better.

I mix 4 tablespoons of flour with 1 cup of milk to make the gravy. I pour the broth from the roast beef in a saucepan and add the flour and milk mixture to it. Use more or less flour and milk to make how much gravy you need. Add kitchen to bouquet to brown it a bit. I always use a whisk when making gravy.

This is the only way I will make roast beef..it is so good.