Jul 15  # 1 of 1
12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
1 lb ground beef, browned and drained (I use at least 2 lbs, I like meaty lasagna
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 jar (28 oz) spagehetti sauce
1/4 cup water
1 carton (16 oz) cottage cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated

Break the noodles in half, place half of the noodles in the bottom of a greased crockpot (it says a 4 quart, but I have used a small one and a large one and it came out the same no matter what). Stir italian seasoning into meat (I cook mine into the meat) and spread half over the noodles that are already in the pot. Then layer half of the sauce and the water, half of cottage cheese and half mozzarella cheese over beef. Repeat all of the layers (except for the water, b/c you used all of it on the first layer) Cover and cook on low heat for 4-5 hours. Do not cook more than 5 hours. Makes 6-8 servings (but we feed 2 with it, and usually eat it for dinner one night and then lunch or dinner the next day and its all gone!)

To make mine even better, I sprinkle parmesian cheese over the top when its all done and let it melt on there. It says to serve with a greek salad which is greens, tomatoes, olives and feta cheese, but we usually have green beans with it or salad. I also make garlic bread to go with ours...