1 bay leaf
1 14.5 oz. can beef broth
2 C sliced carrots
3 C cubed potatoes
1 C chopped onion
1/3 C finely chopped celery
2 C sliced fresh mushrooms

Directions:

Cut meat into bite-sized pieces. Place meat and flour in a blastic bag, shake to coat. Heat oil in a stockpot. Remove meat from bag of flour and brown it in the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cover the meat with water. Cover pan and simmer until nearly tender (about 2 hours). Add additional water if necessary. Add bay leaf, beef broth and vegetables. Increase heat to medium and cook until vegetables are tender (about 1 hour). Remove bay leaf. Place meat mixture in a 9"X13" baking dish. Cool slightly. Top with crust.

For Crust:

Ingredients:

2 C all purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tbls. dried parsley
2/3 C shortening
4-6 tbls. ice water

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Mix flour, salt and parsley. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles small peas. Add water a tbls. at a time until the dough holds together. Roll out on a floured surface into a 10-inch by 14-inch rectangle. Cover the slightly cooled beef mixture with the crust, crimping the dough to the edges of the baking dish on all sides. Cut slits in dough to vent. Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Yummy and filling! :)
Jun 10  # 2 of 4
This sounds good Katie. I love a good beef pot pie and want to try this recipe.
Jun 10  # 3 of 4
Good morning, Rick - One thing I discovered the second time I made this beef potpie - it was eversomuch better with little frozen pearl onions than the chopped onion. However, I was typing this onto the forum at 2:30 am and it just didn't sink in at that hour. Try it with the pearl onions, though, I think you'll like it better that way. Katie
Jun 10  # 4 of 4
Count me in, I like it. Got it copied.. CF:)