Nov 3  # 1 of 3
Merry Christmas

Dianne's Foccacia Bread

I had this recipe for many years ~ very similar to Macaroni Grill's foccacia bread, too I also posted this recipe under the thread: Rosemary Garlic Foccacia Bread.

Here is a recipe that I love ~~ FOCACCIA BREAD:

I make this often and everyone eats all gone

Focaccia Bread

Preheat oven to: 375º

Ingredients:

2 7/8 cups flour

1 ½ Tablespoons instant yeast (or a 23oz packet)

2 teaspoons honey

2 Tablespoons olive oil, plus more for coating the dough (2 different times)

1 ¼ cups cold water

2 teaspoons salt

1 teaspoon dried oregano (can use fresh)

1 teaspoon dried basil (can use fresh)

1 teaspoon dried rosemary (can use fresh)

2 Tablespoons parmigiano cheese

Step 1

In a medium bowl, Combine: flour, yeast, honey, 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and water. Mix: dough for 1 to 2 minutes. Add salt and continue to mix /knead dough, until elastic and smooth. Knead dough vigorously for 5 minutes

Step 2

Remove: Dough from the bowl and place on a lightly floured surface. Knead: the dough vigorously for 2 minutes. Lightly-coat: a bowl with olive. Place: dough in bowl and turn the dough to lightly coat with olive oil. Cover: and let rise for 1 hour at room temperature.

Step 3

Divide: the dough into 2 equal parts and shape each into a 10-inch round disc. Place: each disc on an oiled pan and let rise at room temperature until doubled in thickness, about 2 to 3 hours.

Step 4

Spay: each disc with water and sprinkle with oregano, basil, and rosemary. Make: about 5 indentations in each disc, using your finger. Bake: in a preheated 375º oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden. Remove: from the oven and brush each loaf lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle: with Parmigiano cheese. Serve.

Makes: 2 loaves.

Note: Focaccia Bread can be frozen: wrap in foil after cooking. To re-heat: simply place foiled wrapped bread in the oven until warm.
Nov 11  # 2 of 3
Thank you for sharing. I adore focaccia. We have an Italian restaurant here that does a grilled veggie sammie on focaccia, so good.
Nov 11  # 3 of 3
This recipe is easy ~ I actually add a sprinkle of basil, oregano, and rosemary into the dough, just a sprinkle of each, gives it an awesome taste. And when hot it tastes great.

I also definitely pour olive oil onto a small plate and using a pepper mill, add fresh ground black pepper to the olive oil, then use is as a dip for the foccacia bread~ we pull the foccacia bread apart and dip our pieces into the olive oil with black pepper. This is a taste explosion and you'll love it.