Dec 8  # 1 of 3
Here is another Christmas (or anytime) addition to your meal.

4 1/2 cups flour
5 tsp. baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 cups buttermilk
1 cup butter
1 pkg. yeast

Blend flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together. Warm buttermilk and melt butter. Add butter and buttermilk to dry mixture. Then add yeast - disolved in 1/2 cup of lukewarm water. Mix well, until all dry ingredients are moistened and until dough is blended. Place roll batter on lightly floured surface, kneading several times. Shape into large mounds and let rest for 10 minutes. Roll dough out and cut with biscuit cutter. Dip each roll in very warm melted butter and place on baking sheet. Allow to rise and double in size (this can take 30 minutes to 1 hour) Bake at 450* for 20 minutes, or until outside is golden brown.

Enjoy:)
Julie
Dec 8  # 2 of 3
Hey Julie these look really good and easy too! I'll bet they are very rich, with all the butter and buttermilk!:p I love fresh yeast rolls for dinner.

I wonder why these call for Baking Powder & yeast? I guess I could use self-rising flour and omit the baking powder and salt?
Dec 9  # 3 of 3
Hey Cathy,
I suppose, I'm just too wimpy to try anything other than how a recipe is written exactly;) I've used the recipe a number of times and they always turn out great:) Let me know how your way does, I'm not so old I can't change, (I just let someone else test the waters first:p)
Julie