What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a great sourdough starter going!

Just thought I would share the good news my sourdough starter is growing like crazy and has a nice bubbly froth and I am so excited thanks to all for their helpful advice, and a special THANKS to CanMan for the info on the terrific web-site! I have refered to it every day and have it saved on my favorites! I will let ya' all know how my authentic Georgia sourdough turns out. We even made a special trip to Cave Spring, Georgia to get authentic regional spring water to get my starter going!!! I then placed my flour/water mixture outside in our screened porch room to catch local yeast outdoors and it has a nice bubbly froth by today and I just started it on Sunday! Tonight I started my sponge and by tomorrow fresh sourdough bread:p Yummy!!!

I made a couple sour dough loaves today just for the left over ham from our Easter dinner Cathy. I am not a big fan of ham but I absolutely love ham salad. Specially when it on sour dough bread.

Sounds delicious IC, I could eat just about anything on sour dough! I love it, and besides rye it seems to be my favorite for a grilled pastrami sandwich, I still have my starter in the fridge Jafo, that reminds me I need to go feed it!:)!

Back