Jul 4  # 1 of 6
When I was in home economics in Jr. High this was my test. Now I found a recipe for it. Ingredients: 3 eggs, 1 cup skim milk, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp. salt, 3 tbls. melted butter. Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Grease 12 muffin cups. Combine eggs, milk, flour, and salt in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer set at medium speed for 1 1/2min. Add melted butter to the bowl. Beat for 30 sec. longer. Fill muffin pans halfway with the batter. Bake popovers for 10 minutes. Reduce oven to 350 degrees, bake for 15 minutes longer. Prick tops of popovers gently with a fork to release steam. Serve immediately. You could also make a fast meal out of these breads. Fill the popovers with chicken or tuna salad for a quick lunch. Check out my blog A Full Life
Jul 5  # 2 of 6
Quote Kathy W. wrote:
When I was in home economics in Jr. High this was my test. Now I found a recipe for it. Ingredients: 3 eggs, 1 cup skim milk, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp. salt, 3 tbls. melted butter. Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Grease 12 muffin cups. Combine eggs, milk, flour, and salt in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer set at medium speed for 1 1/2min. Add melted butter to the bowl. Beat for 30 sec. longer. Fill muffin pans halfway with the batter. Bake popovers for 10 minutes. Reduce oven to 350 degrees, bake for 15 minutes longer. Prick tops of popovers gently with a fork to release steam. Serve immediately. You could also make a fast meal out of these breads. Fill the popovers with chicken or tuna salad for a quick lunch. Check out my blog A Full Life

Wow these sound good Kathy! I'd love them with egg salad or as you mentioned chicken or tuna!
Jul 5  # 3 of 6
Pop Overs sound very much like Yorkshire Puddings.
Jul 5  # 4 of 6
Ironic Chef, I am not familiar with England's recipe for popovers. Is Yorkshire Pudding a bread pudding? If so we would love the recipe. Thank's Kathy W.
Jul 5  # 5 of 6
Kathy, here is my recipe for Yorkshire puddings. I actuzlly learned of them watching Chef Ramsey from Kitchen Nightmares making them and had to give them a shot. I was like a little kid watching in amazement as they puffed up while baking the first time.I enjoy trying new things. They have been a favorite around here for years now.

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup pan drippings from roast or 1 stick of melted butter.

Directions

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.

In a bowl, beat together the eggs and milk until light and foamy. Stir in the dry ingredients just until incorporated. Pour the drippings or butter into a cast iron skillet, or muffin pan. Put the pan in oven and get the drippings really hot or melt the butter until foam clears. Carefully take the pan out of the oven and pour in the batter. Put the pan back in oven and cook until puffed and dry, 15 to 20 minutes. I usually bake my Yorkshire Puddings in the muffin pan because I like the individual Puddings for serving. They make a nice cup for gravies or meat salads.
If I add a 1/4 cup of sugar to the mix I can then use the puddings as a tart for filling with fruits, preserves or even custards.