What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

onion rolls

ricksrealpitbbq

I got this recipe for yeast rolls from Janie and modified it to make onion rolls

Bread Machine Yeast Rolls Recipe

1 cup water
2 tbsp. marg. or butter, softened
1 egg
3 1/4 c. flour
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. salt
3 tsp. bread machine yeast

Place ingredients in bread maker in order listed.
Select Sweet Dough cycle. Start Machine.

Grease cookie sheet or muffin tins. Divide dough into 15-18 pieces.
Shape into ball if using cookie sheet, otherwise just place in muffin cup. Brush tops with melted marg. or butter (if desired).
Cover, let rise 30-40 min or until doubled.
Bake at 375°F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.

The dough was mixed in a bread machine with final baking done in the oven. I omitted the butter in the recipe because the onions were sauteed in butter.

I chopped and sauteed I large yellow onion

DSC03217.jpg

After the dough was done I formed my rolls and let them do a 2nd rise

DSC03218.jpg

put them on a buttered pan and brushed the tops with butter

DSC03220.jpg

If they last long enough, they will go great with hamburgers tomorrow

DSC03222.jpg

Thanks Janie, I think you created a monster :D

Hi..!!
I have had these rolls on my mind so much lately too! They are wonderful! Everyone must be on the same bake planet wave link!

Rick, awesome looking rolls. Great photos. I gotta get me a bread machine. Whats the best machine for a none baker? CF:)

Hi,

I don't bake breads very often. I don't really eat a lot of bread, and since I can get excellent bread here in NYC, baking my own often seems like it's not worth it.I have had these rolls on my mind so much lately too! They are wonderful! Everyone must be on the same bake planet wave link!

Hi..!!

I have had these rolls on my mind so much lately too! They are wonderful! Everyone must be on the same bake planet wave link!

onion rolls are really nice to see and i also really want to try this out to make every one happy

thanks!!

Rick, when did you add the onions to the bread dough? I am going to make these soon. Thanks CF:) They be looking mighty good from here..

I added the onions into the bread machine with all the other ingredients at the same time. Also because I sauteed the onions in butter, I left out the butter called for in the list of ingredients. Hope that helps :)

I might have to try this with just the bread. Sorry but I'm getting very lazy with a bread machine lately.

French Property

I realise this isn't a very good comment but it made me smile!<br><br>Never argue with a fool, they will lower you to their level and then beat you with experience :)

identity33 com/blog/?p=2167

I did it

Inspired by Rick, These are super good, kinda fun to. I added some red Chile flakes just because. I would like to make them more uniform, maybe next time. And there will be a next time. Thanks Rick, CF:)

Rick's Onion Rolls
OnionRolls.jpg

Thanks Rick.
Mama, I know you are right they all taste the same. Next time I am going to make a roll of the dough and cut to length. Might have to use a ruler. CF:)

Back