Jan 30  # 1 of 6
I have read so much about bread machines. I have researched them and have read so many reviews. The problem, if I wanted to buy one right now, I would be completely lost.

The best model I have seen is this one,

Zojirushi BBCCX20 Home Bakery Supreme Bread Machine NR

The cost ranges from 230.00 to 180.00.

That's pretty steep compared to all the bread machines that I have seen out there.

I would really appreciate the members of SP giving some advice concerning these machines. I would prefer a model that doesn't bake a loaf of bread with the paddle in it or one that makes a vertical loaf.
I would like to know how a bread machine is cleaned after use. Seems that it would be a pain trying to clean the well of a machine trying to clean baked crust of inner mechanisms.

No site out there really goes through any specifics. If I have to spend several hundred dollars for an appliance I would like to know more about it.
Jan 30  # 2 of 6
My "model" (lefty and righty) is really outdated - so I can't help you there - unless I send you lefty and righty.
Jan 30  # 3 of 6
Lol, Me too Mama, been using Lefty and Righty multi purpose personel feature modes all my life, but not my wife, lol. She always uses mine as loaners.
Jan 30  # 4 of 6
Hi IC. I had a Hamilton Beach for years. Loved it - until it finally died.

At Christmas, a friend gave me a Breadman. Breadman TR520 Horizontal Loaf Breadmaker, White It was awful. The controls were white lettering on a yellow background. My old eyes just couldn't read it. The instructions were vague. it was unclear how long the cycles ran, and when to test the feel of the dough. I made 3 loaves on 3 different settings, and we threw them all out.

I returned it and got the Cuisinart. CBK-100 - Cuisinart 2-lb Bread Maker - Countertop Cooking Appliances - Products - Cuisinart.com The instructions were clear, as were the controls. It told you exactly when and how to remove the paddle before baking. And the bread was perfect on the first try.

I have no idea if it's in the same class as the $200 you're looking at, but if you're looking for $100 or less, I'm very happy with the Cuisinart.

They are very easy to clean. The bread pan has a handle and lifts right out. They all have non stick coatings. Inside the oven itself never gets dirty - maybe just a little steam. Wipe it out with a dry cloth if that happens.
Jan 30  # 5 of 6
By the way, you can use a bread machine for everything but the final baking if you wish. At the appropriate time, remove the dough and free form it on your baking sheet. Pop it in your regular oven and no one will ever know it came from a machine.