Jan 31  # 1 of 16
YouTube - Muppet Show - Swedish Chef - Bread Dough

This bread is absolutely amazing and the actual work required to make the dough is about 5 minutes of labor. The finished product has an excellent crispy light crust and the crumb is super airy with great air pockets. Most bakeries can't produce such excellent bread.

No Knead Bread
3 cups of flour, bread or all purpose
1 ½ tsp of salt
¼ tsp of instant yeast
1 ½ cups of spring water

Directions

Mix the dry ingredients.

Add the wet ingredients and stir to combine.

Cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 18 hours.
Lightly flour a work surface and scrape dough from bowl onto the floured surface. Flour hands and then gently shape dough into a rectangle shape flattening. Then fold dough one way into thirds, then the other way 3 times. Almost rolling.

Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rest for 15 minutes.
Either flour a towel or a rising bowl with either flour, cornmeal or wheat bran for the final rise.
Flour hands again and gently pick up the dough and gently shape into a round When the dough is picked up invert it so that the seam side is down. Place the dough onto the floured towel or into the bowl seam side down and then cover with a towel. Allow for final rise of 1 ½ to 2 hours.

During this time preheat the oven and a cast iron Dutch oven with a lid to 500 degrees. The first stage of baking in the covered Dutch Oven lets the baking bread steam itself.

Invert the dough gently into the pre heated Dutch oven pan and cover. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the lid, lower the heat to 450* and bake an additional 15 minutes.
After removing the bread from the oven, remove from pan. Allow the bread to cool for a bit on a wire rack before cutting.

Enjoy, IC
Jan 31  # 2 of 16
I love that chef!!!!! and his horie-dervies!
Jan 31  # 3 of 16
I love this bread and make it all the time. I like mixing in romano cheese and chunks of provolone.

here's my thread about the cheese bread https://www.spiceplace.com/forums/breads/6194-todays-bread-2.html
Jan 31  # 4 of 16
I really enjoy it too Rick. I remember your provolone bread that you posted awhile back.

I just posted this here since I had it on my blog. This method is a bit easier than the stretch and fold method and has a better crumb.
Feb 6  # 5 of 16
I tried a quicker version of this bread today. Hope you see this trick Rick.

Still using the 1/4 tsp of yeast, change the water to very warm water. Almost hot. Also add 1 tsp of vinegar. I was leary of the addition of the vinegar because I always thought it killed yeast. Not the case here. The fermentation time is cut down to 6 hours so the proccess can be started in the morning and bread for dinner. My honest opinion, the crust was even better.