May 18  # 1 of 7
Does anyone have a good recipe for gluten free bread? The pre-packaged stuff you buy in the store is pretty terrible but I've never had much luck at home making it myself.

Thanks.
Cooking Mo
May 19  # 2 of 7
I don't kow how much this will help -

Grilled Scallion Flat Bread Gluten Free Recipe

Dry Mixture
21/2 cups white rice flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup potato starch
31/2 tsps xanthan or guar gum
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
3 tsps active dry instant yeast
Liquids
11/3 cups warm water
2 large eggs
3 TBs vegetable oil
1/3 cup finely chopped scallions
Topping
3 TBs sesame oil
1 tsp coarse salt
2 TBs finely chopped scallions

Directions
Mix together dry ingredients. In separate bowl, combine the warm water, eggs and 3 tablespoons oil.
Add dry and liquid ingredients. Using a heavy duty mixer, beat mixture for three minutes on high speed.
Fold in 1/3 cup scallions. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface (sprinkled with rice flour) and knead for 2-3 minutes.
Lightly oil a sheet of plastic wrap. Place dough in the center of the plastic wrap.
Cover completely with plastic and roll dough into an 8-inch log.
Cut into 4 even pieces. Roll each piece into an 8-inch circle. If dough is sticky, roll it between 2 sheets of oiled plastic wrap.
Let dough rise for 1 hour in a very warm place.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush with topping mixture.
Set on baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
May 19  # 3 of 7
BTW - did you check out all the bread recipes in the Gluten Free Section here?
May 19  # 4 of 7
Here is a favorite GF bread recipe I use.

3 cups Kinnikinnick Kinni-Kwik Bread and Bun Mix
2 tsp dry active yeast
1 1/2 cups water
1 Tbsp oil

Preheat oven to 375 F. Combine Kinni-Kwik Bread and Bun Mix with yeast in a mixing bowl. Add water and oil to mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at high speed for 3 minutes. Scoop dough into an oil sprayed 8 inch x 4 inch bread pan. Let dough rest on top of warm oven for 15 minutes, covered with a towel. Bake for 50 minutes. Do not under bake. (For a lighter crust, you may set a piece of foil over the top of the loaf during last half of baking time.) Raisin-Cinnamon Bread: Mix 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 2/3 cup raisins into the dough before baking.
May 21  # 5 of 7
Thanks for the recipes guys and no, I didn't realize there was a gluten free section when I made this topic. oops!

This might sound stupid but, what are some uses for flat bread?

Also Dave, I've never heard of that brand of flour mix. I'll have to look them up.

Thanks