Aug 14  # 1 of 8
This is how I started. The baking powder is Featherweight and the butter is Unsalted to work with my heart condition but everyone else can use normal. BTW I make my own milk from non-dairy Coffee Creamer to cut down on the sodium also.

2 cups all purpose flour
1 Pkt Splenda
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cream of tarter
1 stick (4oz) of butter
2/3 cup milk

Stir in the first 4 ingredients. Cut in the butter till consistant. Add the milk and knead on floured board until mixed. Roll to 1/2" and cut to size. I use a tomato sauce can. Bake at 450 for 10 to 12 minutes.

These are fine but not as tall and flaky as I would like. Started leaving them thicker and that helped some. Any suggestions appreciated.
Aug 27  # 2 of 8
I think I got it. I just used a tad more cream of tarter but the main thing is not rolling them out to 1/2" but leaving them at least 3/4" or even a bit more.
Aug 28  # 3 of 8
JP, this recipe calls for yeast. Maybe adding yeast to your recipe might help.
This recipe has some salt, But it might work to leave it out. Me Just thinking. CF:)

ANGEL BISCUITS

5 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
Maybe leave out the salt?
2 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons sugar
3/4 cup shortening
1 package yeast
1/2 cup warm water
2 cups buttermilk

Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Cut in shortening. Dissolve yeast in warm water, then add to buttermilk. Stir liquid into flour mixture until well moistened. Roll dough on a floured surface to 1/2-inch thick. Cut with 2- or 3-inch cookie cutter. Place on an 11 x 15-inch sheet. Cover and let double in size. Makes a large batch. Bake 12 minutes at 400°. Dough will keep for several days in the refrigerator, covered. These are an unusually light and fluffy biscuit.
Aug 29  # 4 of 8
Would have to replace the buttermilk with liquid Coffee Mate and find some low sodium baking soda. Low sodium is a pain. This would make one large batch of biscuits though.
Sep 1  # 5 of 8
JP, you could cut the recipe down, The dough might even freeze, don't know about that. CF