Dec 10  # 1 of 6
My daughter doesn't eat red meat and I'm looking for a recipe for a breakfast casserole to serve on Christmas morning that has no red meat. Anyone know of such a recipe?
Dec 10  # 2 of 6
BAKED CHEESE CREPES

3 EGGS
SUGAR
1/2 TSP. SALT
1 C. MILK
1 1/4 C. FLOUR
BUTTER

1 LB. RICED COTTAGE CHEESE
LEMON ZEST FROM 1 LEMON
1/4 TSP. LEMON JUICE
1 PT. SOUR CREAM
2 EGG YOLKS
1/2 TSP. VANILLA EXTRACT

BEAT EGGS; ADD 2 TBSP. SUGAR AND THE 1/2 TSP SALT. STIR IN MILK AND FLOUR ALTERNATELY UNTIL SMOOTH. MELT 1/2 TSP. BUTTER IN AN
8 INCH FRYING PAN. POUR IN 1/4 C. BATTER. TILT PAN UNTIL BATTER COVERS THE BOTTOM OF PAN. COOK UNTIL CREPE IS LIGHT BROWN AND DRY, TURN CREPE AND COOK UNTIL DONE. REPEAT UNTIL ALL BATTER IS USED UP, ADDING BUTTER TO PAN AS NEEDED. STACK CREPES ON PLATE.
MIX COTTAGE CHEESE, 1/2 C. SUGAR, AND LEMON & ZEST. SPREAD 1 TBSP. THIS MIXTURE ONTO EACH CREPE. ROLL UP AS FOR JELLY ROLL; PLACE EACH CREPE ROLL INTO A 9 X 12 INCH BAKING DISH. MIX SOUR CREAM, EGG YOLKS, VANILLA, AND 1/4 C. SUGAR TOGETHER, POUR THIS MIXTURE OVER THE CREPES. BAKE IN A 350 DEGREE OVEN FOR 45 MINUTES. SERVE HOT. YOU MAY SERVE WITH A WARM RED RASPBERRY SAUCE IF DESIRED, THIS IS OPTIONAL BUT A VERY TASTY & PRETTY OPTION!
YIELD: 6 SERVINGS.

:p THIS IS A CHRISTMAS BREAKFAST TRADITION IN OUR HOME :p
Dec 11  # 3 of 6
I've never heard of "riced" cottage cheese. How many crepes does this make?
Dec 12  # 4 of 6
Riced Cottage cheese is cottage cheese that is simply run over a strainer and smashed thru with a spoon it's purpose is to break up the curds.
Normally it makes a dozen crepes.
The prep. really goes fast once the crepes are cooked, and they do not take very long since they are very thin thin and cook quickly. You can sprinkle with powdered sugar, there are alot of different things you can do to suit you and your families tastes; decorate with fresh fruit, etc. I really love that warm raspberry sauce [which I make from heated raspberry jelly then I strain the seeds out of it]. It is a very pretty Christmas morn. presentation! The crepes are light & fluffy, not too filling, so you can still have room for that great Christmas dinner! Just delightful......ah-h-h-h I can't wait.

I also have a terrific chicken crepe recipe that I will post later you could use up leftover turkey in this recipe! It is a gourmet dish!
Dec 25  # 5 of 6
I have used this many times with the ham chunks. I guess if you don't want the meat in it, just leave it out and add mushrooms extra cheeses, etc.

Breakfast Casserole

Ingredients
1 pound ground pork sausage*
10 white sandwich bread slices, cubed (6 cups)
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
6 large eggs
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Preparation
Cook sausage in a skillet over medium heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well.
Place bread cubes in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish; sprinkle bread evenly with cheese, and top with sausage.
Whisk together eggs and remaining ingredients; pour evenly over sausage mixture. Cover and chill casserole for 8 hours. (I usually let set overnight in fridge) Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
*2 cups cubed cooked ham may be substituted for sausage. **This can also be tweaked with mushrooms, a few diced tomatoes or whatever.

Yield
6 to 8 servings

Southern Living, JUNE 2001